Monday, 10 April 2017

Review: Saga, Volume 7 by Brian K. Vaughan

Title: Saga, Volume 7
Series: Saga (Collected Editions) #7
Written By: Brian K. Vaughan
Art by: Fiona Staples
Publisher: Image
Pages: 152
Genres: Comics, Science-fiction

From the worldwide bestselling team of FIONA STAPLES and BRIAN K. VAUGHAN, “The War for Phang” is an epic, self-contained SAGA event! Finally reunited with her ever-expanding family, Hazel travels to a war-torn comet that Wreath and Landfall have been battling over for ages. New friendships are forged and others are lost forever in this action-packed volume about families, combat, and the refugee experience.Collecting: Saga 37-42.


So this volume really surprised me. I thought I knew where it was going to go but then it sucker punched me right at the end. The group end up on Phang, a war torn comet, in order to re-fuel and regroup for a few hours. Except, of course, things do not go quite as planned as some adorable creatures struggling to survive need their aid. From my brief description you would think that not much happens, but you would be wrong my friend.

I was sceptical to read this as I was less than impressed with volume 6. I needn't have fretted. All of the characters were on top form and it was really lovely to see Hazel back with her parents. She is so adorable. I actually really liked Prince Robot in this volume and that surprised me. I just found his character provided a lot of comic relief and plenty of WTF moments.

That ending though... it went somewhere dark which I appreciated, sad as it was. I am really looking forward to the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment